If you want to reply to a Canvas discussion thread with a video of yourself, you can do this in the discussion reply using the Embed Kaltura Media Tool.
To post a webcam video to a discussion thread follow the steps outlined below:
1. In the Canvas discussion, click Reply.
2. In the text editor, click the Kaltura Embed/sunburst icon button.
3. Click the Add New button and select the Express Webcam Recorder option.
4. Record video using the Express Webcam Recorder. Once complete, preview video and click the Use This button if you want to use that video (this button will appear directly under the video).
5. Click Save & Embed.
6. Once you save the video, it will appear in the text editor box. Click Post Reply and the video will be posted to the Canvas discussion thread.