Make-up exam requests must be submitted with Exam Services 36 hours before the exam is expected to be administered. All make-up exams will be delivered via Canvas Quizzes and administered in the Uonline Center which is located in the northwest corner of the Marriott Library west entrance lobby.
Please submit your request at email@example.com with the following information.
- Instructor's name
- Course name (EDUC 1000-001)
- Exam name (EDUC 1000-001 Exam 1)
- Permitted items the student is allowed to use during the exam
- Student's name and uNID
- Date range for the exam to be administered (2 business day minimum requirement)
- Your student(s) are required to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an exam time within your set date range. No walk-ins accepted.
- Please make sure that your Canvas exam has a four digit access code.
Please ensure your student is familiar with the following policies and procedures.
UOnline Center Policies and Procedures:
- All University of Utah students are required to provide a University of Utah student ID (UCard) when arriving at a the UOnline Center to take an exam. UCard information is used for internal system tracking. NO other forms of identification are accepted.
- All electronic equipment, including laptops, e-readers, tablets, cell/smart phones, smart watches, smart glasses and all other devices must be turned off and secured in a bag/backpack and hung on the hook on the back of the student's chair in the exam lab.
- NO food or drink permitted in the exam lab. Students that violate this policy may be dismissed from the center regardless if their exam is completed.
- Only students taking exams will be allowed in the exam lab. NO children, pets, family members or friends allowed in the exam lab.
- All students are responsible for tracking their own exam duration time and end their exam on time. Exam Services proctors are not responsible to notify students when a time limit has expired.
- Exam Services Proctors are not responsible for advising, counseling, clarifying or interpreting any exam content.
- Restroom breaks must be pre-approved by instructors. If a student leaves the exam lab for any reason without the instructor's pre-approval, his or her exam may be ended for that session. A make-up exam would have to be arranged for the student to continue or finish the interrupted exam.
- ALL activity in the UOnline Center is monitored by live proctors, recorded electronically and by security cameras at all times.
- Any access to materials not authorized by the course instructor may result in the immediate closure of the exam and a report will be filed with the instructor.
- Students should arrive at the UOnline Center on their scheduled date and time to take exams. Late arrivals will be asked to reschedule.
- The center will not remain open beyond posted hours of operation. End of day late arrivals will be advised to reschedule.