Make-up exam requests must be submitted with Exam Services 36 hours before the exam is expected to be administered.. All make-up exams will be delivered via Canvas Quizzes in the Uonline Center, located in the Marriott Library.
Please submit your request at email@example.com with the following information.
- Faculty name
- Course name (EDUC 1000-001)
- Exam name (EDUC 1000-001 Exam 1)
- Materials student is allowed to use during the exam
- Student's name and uNID
- Date range for the exam to be administered (2 business day minimum requirement)
- Please have your student contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an exam time within your set date range.
Please ensure your student is familiar with the following policies and procedures.
UOnline Center Policies and Procedures:
- All University of Utah students are required to provide a University of Utah student ID (UCard) when arriving at a the UOnline Center to take an exam. UCard information is used for internal system tracking. NO other forms of identification are accepted.
- All electronic equipment, including laptops, e-readers, tablets, cell/smart phones, smart watches, smart glasses and all other devices must be turned off and secured in a bag/backpack and hung on the hook on the back of the student's chair in the exam lab.
- NO food or drink permitted in the exam lab. Students that violate this policy may be dismissed from the center regardless if their exam is completed.
- Only students taking exams will be allowed in the exam lab. NO children, pets, family members or friends allowed in the exam lab.
- All students are responsible for tracking their own exam duration time and end their exam on time. Exam Services proctors are not responsible to notify students when a time limit has expired.
- Exam Services Proctors are not responsible for advising, counseling, clarifying or interpreting any exam content.
- Restroom breaks must be pre-approved by instructors. If a student leaves the exam lab for any reason without the instructor's pre-approval, his or her exam may be ended for that session. A make-up exam would have to be arranged for the student to continue or finish the interrupted exam.
- ALL activity in the UOnline Center is monitored by live proctors, recorded electronically and by security cameras at all times.
- Any access to materials not authorized by the course instructor may result in the immediate closure of the exam and a report will be filed with the instructor.
- Students should arrive at the UOnline Center on their scheduled date and time to take exams. Late arrivals will be asked to reschedule.
- The center will not remain open beyond posted hours of operation. End of day late arrivals will be advised to reschedule.