NOTE: You’re instructor MUST have your exam set up prior to your attempt to schedule a date and time to take your exam. If your exam is not available in the Schedule Exams window, contact your instructor to inquire when the exam will be ready for scheduling.
SmarterProctoring offers 24/7-365 tech support through the Chat button
1. Open Schedule Exams from your course navigation list and find the exam you will be taking
2. Select the green "Choose a proctor" button for your exam
3. Select the "University of Utah – Exam Centers" option
4. Select the green "Request session" button for the UOnline Center on campus or the Sandy Center
5. Click the blue "Continue" button on the RegisterBlast page
6. Pick you desired date and time from the dropdown menus, agree to the terms and then enter your uNID. Click the green "Complete Registration" button to complete your registration.
7. Your exam is now scheduled and you can view your exam dashboard anytime by selecting the Schedule Exams link again.
To access your exam after your have scheduled it, go to your schedule testing location, log into Canvas, find your exam in Canvas Quizzes and start it there.
University issued student ID required in the UOnline Center and Sandy Campus.
UOnline Center Policies and Procedures:
The following policies must be adhered to when in the UOnline Center
- All University of Utah students are required to provide a University of Utah student ID (UCard) when arriving at a the UOnline Center to take an exam. UCard information is used for internal system tracking. NO other forms of identification are accepted.
- If your exam requires supplies such as a blue book, you are required to purchase them from the campus store and bring it with you to the exam.
- All electronic equipment, including laptops, e-readers, tablets, cell/smart phones, smart watches, smart glasses and all other devices must be turned off and secured in a bag/backpack and hung on the hook on the back of the student's chair in the exam lab.
- NO food or drink is permitted in the exam lab. Students that violate this policy may be dismissed from the center regardless if their exam is completed.
- Only students taking exams will be allowed in the exam lab. NO children, pets, family members or friends allowed in the exam lab.
- All students are responsible for tracking their own exam duration time and end their exam on time. Exam Services proctors are not responsible to notify students when a time limit has expired.
- Exam Services Proctors are not responsible for advising, counseling, clarifying or interpreting any exam content.
- Restroom breaks must be pre-approved by instructors. If a student leaves the exam lab for any reason without the instructor's pre-approval, his or her exam may be ended for that session. A make-up exam would have to be arranged for the student to continue or finish the interrupted exam.
- ALL activity in the UOnline Center is monitored by live proctors, recorded electronically and by security cameras at all times.
- Any access to materials not authorized by the course instructor may result in the immediate closure of the exam and a report will be filed with the instructor.
- Students should arrive at the UOnline Center on their scheduled date and time to take exams. Late arrivals will be asked to reschedule.
- The center will not remain open beyond posted hours of operation. End of day late arrivals will be advised to reschedule.
- Information You MUST follow
- You are responsible to ensure we receive your exam from your instructor in time for your scheduled exam date.
- You are responsible to communicate our service policies and procedures with your instructor. We will not compromise or adjust our policies or procedures for any reason.
- Registering, by appointment, allows you to reserve a seat in a center to take a proctored exam. In order to secure a reservation, it is strongly recommended you schedule your exam date and time as soon as you know you need this service. Our centers fill up fast and late attempts to register usually result in no available times left. We are not able to accommodate late registrations when a center is full. We will also not be held accountable for you missing your exam window due to late registration or failing to follow our terms and conditions.