SPECIAL NOTE: SmarterProctoring is NOT compatible with Respondus Lockdown Browser, Zoom and any other proctoring/monitoring tool. Exam schedule in the UOnline Center may only use the Schedule Exams tool in your course.
Students DO NOT need to pre-schedule an Automated session. The exam will start when the student selects the Automated option. Please do not advise your students to schedule an Automated session.
1. Create your exam in Canvas Quizzes.
Your exam title must have your course name and exam ID as follows: EDUC 1000-090 Exam 1
Your Canvas quiz details MUST be set and complete prior to using the Schedule Exams tool.
This does not mean your exam content has to be ready. Just the settings shown below.
Please make sure to select Require An Access Code and choose an access code that proctors can easily enter in the exam lab.
Important access code info: Please use short one word or number codes for administrative reasons.
*NOTE: Never change dates or quiz time limits after you import your exam into Schedule Exams.
Once imported, you can inform your students it is time for them to schedule their exam time slots.
See critical information regarding date and time limit changes.
2. In order to import your exam(s), you will need to enable the Schedule Exams tool in your course(s).
Go to course settings/navigation, enable the Schedule Exams tool and remember to click the save button.
You can access the full set up instructions at:
3. Select the Schedule Exams link from your course navigation list then select the New Exam button
4. Under the Import Exam option, select the appropriate exam from the dropdown menu then click the blue Import exam button.
5. Go through all five Create Exam pages to ensure all settings and allowances for the exam are correct
All settings on the first page MUST match your Canvas quiz details exactly with no deviation.
Any deviation will cause a conflict and your exam will not be scheduled.
If post setup adjustments or changes are needed, please contact Exam Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Once all settings are completed, select the blue Confirm button at the bottom of the fifth page
SmarterProctoring offers 24/7-365 tech support through the Chat button
Your exam will be set and ready, pending approval, for students to start scheduling their time slots to take the exam.
Now it is time to communicate with your students that the scheduling window is open for their exam(s). *
* Students schedule their time slots through the same Schedule Exams link in the course navigation list.
Students will be referred back to you for questions regarding when they can schedule their exam(s).