CANVAS HELP DESK
Telephone Support (available 24/7): 1-844-527-0328
The Canvas help desk has a Spanish-language team. They are available to assist you by phone in both Spanish and English 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To find this number when you are inside your Canvas account:
- Click Help in the global Canvas menu.
- Call the number beneath the “Canvas Support Hotline (Students)” header.
When you call this number, you will hear an automated menu. There isn’t an option to choose Spanish support. Nevertheless, to connect to Canvas support:
- Press 1 on your phone.
- When the help desk agent answers, say: “Spanish, please.”
- The agent will transfer you to the Spanish team.
Spanish-language Help Guides:
HELP SUPPORT FOR ZOOM, KALTURA/MY MEDIA/MEDIA GALLERY (VIDEOS IN CANVAS), AND OTHERS
Sometimes, the Canvas Help Desk can’t respond to questions about videos, teleconferencing, or other digital tools, as they are third-party applications that aren’t under Canvas’ direction. Students can receive assistance with these applications, but most of this help is in English.
Zoom, the University-approved teleconferencing tool, will help students in Spanish in a limited capacity. To get help—
- First, activate your student Zoom Pro account.
- Submit a ticket to the Zoom web ticket request page.
- Note: Though you can write and submit your ticket in Spanish, this page is in English.
- Important: The help desk agents use a translation program – because of this, it’s possible the text help you receive won’t be 100% accurate. Using the help ticket, you can request telephone support in Spanish.
- Visit the Zoom Knowledge Base.
- To change the language of the knowledge base, scroll to the bottom of the page, click the drop-down menu beneath “Language,” and select Spanish.
Kaltura/My Media/Media Gallery (Videos in Canvas) Help:
These third-party tools doesn’t provide support directly to students. For help with videos in Canvas, send an email in English to the Teaching & Learning Technologies help desk at: email@example.com.
General Application Help:
The Knowledge Commons at the Marriott Library helps students with general applications (like MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) in English. Read the Marriott Library Knowledge Commons page for more information on how to get help.
Send an email in English to the Teaching & Learning Technologies help desk at: firstname.lastname@example.org.