Pre-exam day setup: What you should have completed before your exam starts.
- Ensure you have a ProctorU account no later than three days prior to your first exam.
- You can request an account from the ProctorU link in your Canvas course navigation list.
- Download the ProctorU Chrome browser extension.
- Once I have an account, how do I log-into my ProctorU browser extension?
- Once you have an account and the extension is properly downloaded, you can quickly log in by selecting the ProctorU link in your Canvas course navigation list. YOU DO NOT NEED TO PERFORM ANY OTHER FUNCTION. Just selecting the ProctorU link automatically logs you into the extension. You can now close the ProctorU view.
Exam day setup: What you must compete before you start your exam.
- Restart your computer/laptop (no tablets, Chrome books or Surface devices).
- ProctorU requires a full computer operating system to run properly. Tablets, Chrome books and Surface devices DO NOT run full operating systems. No exceptions.
- After restart, open Chrome only (one tab).
- ALL other applications MUST BE OFF during your exam. Even passive apps running update searches in the background. Only Chrome can be up and running.
- Clear browser data history in Chrome.
- From the “Menu” button in the upper-right corner of the Chrome window (three vertical dots), choose “More Tools” > “Clear Browsing data”.
- Toggle off ALL extensions except the ProctorU extension.
- From the “Menu” button in the upper-right corner of the Chrome window (three vertical dots), choose “More Tools” > “Extensions”. Only the ProctorU extension can be on during the exam.
Once all of these tasks have been completed, you can start your exam in Canvas. There is no need to attempt to access the exam through ProctorU.