Download the EXTENSION
The ProctorU browser extension is critical to facilitate the communication between the proctoring service and the the user's browser. You MUST use a Chrome browser for the extension to function properly. Students MUST also use the Chrome extension in order to take a ProctorU exam.
After you have downloaded and installed the extension, you will see it appear in the upper right corner of your Chrome browser.
If you have not created a ProctorU account, you can setup an account by clicking this login button, then Follow these steps.
- Select the "New User? Sign up here." link as seen below.
NOTE: ProctorU is not tied into the sign on credentials you have for the University so do NOT select the "Login with Single Sign-On." However you can use the same login (university email) and password you use for the University in order to help you remember it.
- Click the Instructor button (or the Test-Taker button if you are a student).
Complete all of the mandatory field in the form as highlighted below.
- Search for the University of Utah in the first field.
- Fill in your name,
- Create a username and insert your email (both of these can be the same, and it can be your university email)
- Select your timezone (this should match your timezone in Canvas. For more information on how to change your timezone in Canvas click this link)
- Insert a phone number
- Select your country
- Check both boxes at the bottom
- Click create account
IMPORTANT: Right now accounts are taking up to 48 hours to generate after you have completed this step. You will NOT be able to log into ProctorU immediately after creating your account.
You will see this message.
If you try to log into ProctorU immediately you will see this message.
This is not an indication that your login credentials aren't working, it just means you haven't waited the 48 hrs for your account to be created.
Because of this waiting period, we recommend that everyone create their ProctorU accounts as soon as they can so this step is completed long before you will need to administer your test.