To schedule a Zoom meeting from inside of Canvas follow these steps:
- Start by navigating to Zoom inside your canvas course.
Once logged in you have four tabs and a "Schedule Meetings" button. Here is a brief break down of each:
- Upcoming Meetings - list of all scheduled meetings.
- Previous Meetings - list of all previously help meetings
- Personal Meeting Room - Where to go to find and copy your Zoom URL
- Cloud Recordings - Listing of all recordings from previous web conferences
- Schedule a New Meeting - Click this button to schedule a new meeting
More About scheduling a meeting in Zoom
There are two ways to schedule a meeting in Zoom.
1. The first way is to use the "Schedule a Meeting" button.
Do this by following these steps:
- After clicking the button, fill in a title and description
- Choose a date, time, and duration
- Mark the "Recurring meeting" box (If applicable)
- Make note of the meeting password
- Review the remaining settings and make any changes if needed
- Click Save
2. The second way is to Navigate to the "Personal Meeting Room" tab and simply copy the URL and send it your your students via email or Canvas Announcement with a specific date and time or include it in an Outlook calendar invite.