Zoom is an approved University web conferencing tool. It can be used for meeting or class videoconferencing, record audio and screen capture, conduct office hours and much more. University Zoom accounts are available centrally to all University of Utah faculty, staff and students. To set up your account, follow the steps below.
Step 1 - NEW URL FOR ZOOM ACCOUNTS
Go to utah.zoom.us and click the Sign-In button.
• Step 2 - ALWAYS USE SINGLE SIGN ON OPTION (SSO)
Sign into the Single Sign On (SSO) Page with your UNID and campus password.
NOTE: if you are not presented with the campus SSO page and are signed directly into Zoom, this means that you already have an existing Basic or Pro account that you have signed into before. Click on the photo/avatar icon in the top right of the page and click Sign Out. Then, repeat steps 1 and 2.
• Step 3 - START USING ZOOM
Once you authenticate with your UNID and campus password on the SSO page, you will be brought to your Zoom Profile Page. Your Zoom account is now set up and you can start scheduling meetings.
ZOOM SUPPORT OPTIONS
Canvas Users - Once you have your new utah.zoom account set up, follow the steps in the link below to set up your Canvas Zoom integration.
Non-Canvas Users – Once you have your new utah.zoom account set up, you can set up meetings by using your web browser, Outlook, or the Zoom Desktop or Mobile App. To start up Zoom:
Remember to access the URL below and use the SSO-Single Sign On option.
Zoom Help -
- At any time, you are most welcome to get support and help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and personnel from Teaching & Learning Technologies (TLT) will assist you.
- There are some good support articles from TLT on https://support.tlt.utah.edu/hc/en-us/sections/360009028151-Zoom
- Zoom also offers great tutorials on all aspects of using Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/categories/200101697