Zoom is an approved University web conferencing tool. It can be used for meetings, class video-conferencing, recording audio and screen capturing, conducting office hours, and much more! University Zoom accounts are available centrally to all University of Utah faculty, staff, and students.
To set up your account, follow the steps below:
NOTE: If you need additional functionality, such as webinars, large meetings (over 300 participants), etc., these are available for purchase through the OSL Webstore. Also, TLT has a pool of Zoom Webinar and Large Meeting licenses that are available free of charge for temporary checkout for occasional events. Requests for a checkout license can be submitted through the Webinar & Large Meeting License Checkout Form.
Step 1 - NEW URL FOR ZOOM ACCOUNTS
Go to utah.zoom.us and click the Sign-In button.
Step 2 - ALWAYS USE SINGLE SIGN ON OPTION (SSO)
Sign into the Single Sign On (SSO) Page with your UNID and campus password and DUO authentication.
NOTE: if you are not presented with the campus SSO page and are signed directly into Zoom, this means that you already have an existing Basic or Pro account that you have signed into before. Click on the photo/avatar icon in the top right of the page. On the drop down menu, click Sign Out. Then, repeat steps 1 and 2 above.
Step 3 - START USING ZOOM
Once you authenticate with your UNID and campus password and DUO authentication on the SSO page, you will be brought to your Zoom Profile Page. Your Zoom account is now set up and you can start scheduling meetings.
ZOOM SUPPORT OPTIONS
Canvas Users - Once you have your new Utah Zoom account set up, follow these steps to set up your Canvas Zoom integration.
Zoom Help -
- For more information on getting started with Zoom visit Zoom's Knowledge Base.
- At any time, you are most welcome to get support and help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and personnel from Teaching & Learning Technologies (TLT) will assist you.
- Visit TLT's Zoom Support Articles
- Zoom also offers great tutorials on all aspects of using Zoom
- If you need to install the Zoom desktop or mobile app, please visit the Zoom Download Center.