What is Portfolium (Folio)?
"Portfolium is a free digital portfolio tool used to visually showcase academic and professional accomplishments and experiences. It is also a unique personal branding tool, which integrates a professional profile with social media and job-seeking features. The platform makes it very easy to search for and apply to jobs, and also to share work with friends, colleagues and the very employers you want to work for!"
In Canvas, the tool is called "Folio"!
Why are we building digital portfolios?
There are a lot of reasons to build a digital portfolio of your coursework other than getting the grade for class!
- To demonstrate your skills to future teammates, reviewers, employers, or educational programs
- To document the details of projects you've been a part of
- To reflect on the course work you've completed for your degree program
Besides the benefits of creating a digital portfolio, Portfolium has some very cool bonuses, specifically:
- Connect with professors, administrators, other students, and potential employers
- Create a PDF CV/Resume with the click of a button
- Share your work with other Portfolium users
- Import projects from Canvas assignment submissions
How To Set Up A Folio Account
- Log in to Canvas
- In the Global navigation, click on "Account"
- Select "Folio" from the drop down menu
- Click on your name to be taken to Portfolium
From here, you can start building your profile and adding projects to your new portfolio, either starting from scratch or using the Canvas importer tool!
At this time, users cannot access Folio via the Canvas Student or Teacher apps. If using a mobile device, please complete these steps in your web browser (Chrome is recommended).