To trim, chop, and/or add fades to the beginning or end of your video in MediaSpace:
1) Go to mediaspace.utah.edu
2) Log In
- Select the Log In button and use your UNID and CIS credentials.
3) Open My Media
4) Click the Gray Pencil Icon
- Click the Gray Pencil icon next to the video you would like to edit.
5) Click the Launch Editor Button
6) Trim, Chop, Fade
- To Trim, drag the playhead of the timeline until the point that you want to set as the new start point of the video. Click the left bracket icon in the blue playhead box to set the "In" point. Drag the playhead to your desired end point and click the right bracket icon to set the new "Out" point.
- To Chop, drag the playhead to the beginning of the section you would like to remove and click the scissors icon in the blue playhead box. Drag the playhead to the end of the section being removed. Click the scissors icon again and confirm that the middle section is highlighted. Click the trashcan icon to delete the middle section of the video.
Note: Do not snap the remaining sections together in the timeline, leave them as-is.
- To Add Fades, click the timeline so that it is highlighted yellow. Click the connected dots icon located next to the trashcan icon about the timeline. Enter the amount of seconds you would like the fade to last in the In and Out fields that displayed.
- Once your edits are set, the video can be previewed by clicking on the play icon.
7) Select Save
- You can save your edits by clicking the Save or Save a Copy button. The Save button will edit your original video and display the window below.
Watch a Video Tutorial: