To learn how to embed a video into Canvas follow the steps outlined below:
1) Open Your Page
- Select Pages from the Course Navigation. Click on the existing page you want to edit or click on the +Page button in the top right-hand corner to create a new page.
Note: You can embed videos anywhere with a Rich Content Editor tool bar including Announcements, Assignments, Discussions, and Quizzes.
- Click the Edit button in the page.
3) Add Your Video
- Insert your cursor on the page where you want the video to be embedded and locate the "Embed Kaltura Media" icon in the rich content editor tool bar. The "Embed Kaltura Media" tool will will let you search for a pre-created video to embed in the page, or create a new video on the fly to use.
4) Create or Find your Video
- After you have found or created the video, click Embed next to the video to add onto the page.
Note: If you want to choose from different player sizes or choose a player that allows viewers to download the video, click the gear icon to the left of the Embed button.
5) View Embedded Video
- After you have selected the video, a video thumbnail will be added to the page.
- Click the Save button in the bottom of the page. Your video is now embedded and playable in the content page.