To learn how to embed a video into Canvas follow the steps outlined below:
1) Open Your Page
- Select Pages from the Course Navigation. Click on the existing page you want to edit or click on the +Page button in the top right-hand corner to create a new page.
Note: You can embed videos anywhere with a Rich Content Editor tool bar including Announcements, Assignments, Discussions, and Quizzes.
- Click the Edit button if you are adding to an existing page.
3) Add Your Video
- Insert your cursor on the page where you want the video to be embedded and locate the "Embed Kaltura Media" icon in the rich content editor tool bar. Click this icon to create a new video or search for existing videos in your account.
Note: Do not use the "Insert/Edit Media" icon, the play button with the filmstrip lines on either side.
4) Create or Find your Video
- Click Embed next to the video you would like to embed on the page.
Note: You can click the gear icon to the left of the Embed button if you want to choose from different player sizes or choose a player that allows viewers to download the video.
5) View Embedded Video
- After you have selected the video, a video thumbnail will be embedded on the page.
- Click the Save button in the bottom of the page. Your video is now embedded and playable in the content page.