To record a webcam & screen capture video to your My Media in Canvas:
1) Open My Media
Select My Media from the Course Navigation
Note: You can also access your My Media in Canvas by clicking the Account link in the Global Navigation. Select the Profile link and a My Media link will appear.
2) Select Add New
3) Select Webcam & Screen Capture
Click Webcam & Screen Capture from the drop-down menu. First time users will need to download and install the Kaltura Capture desktop recorder software to their computer. Once the software is installed, when you select Webcam & Screen Capture from the drop-down the application will automatically open.
4) Recording Options
The Kaltura Capture interface allows users to create the following recording types:
- Webcam and screen capture: Record both the screen and a webcam in a single shoot.
- Webcam capture: Tell a story or personal profile through a short clip using a webcam.
- Two webcams: Record video from two webcams at the same time.
- Screen or partial screen capture: Record an entire screen or part of a screen.
- Two screens: Record two screens at the same time.
- Presentations: Record your PowerPoint presentation and camera. This options also gives the viewer of the video an adjustable layout and chapter markers.
- Audio: Record only audio to create a podcast-style recording.
To select the type of recording you would like to create, adjust the settings on the interface by clicking the arrows next to each blue icon. You can also turn your camera, screen capture, and audio on or off by directly clicking the blue icons.
Kaltura Capture interface
Click the red Record button to start recording.
To stop recording, click the gray Stop button on the interface.
Kaltura Capture interface (during recording)
5) Edit Upload Options
The Title field of the video is required; it will autofill with a default recording title, but you can edit this. The Description and Tag fields are optional.
6) Select Save & Upload
Click the Save & Upload button and after a few moments, your media will be available in your Canvas My Media.
Watch a Video Tutorial:
Download a PDF Version: