To post a video to a discussion follow the steps outline below.
1) Create Your Video
- There are several options students can use to create videos. Read the Options to Create a Video for a Discussion article for more information.
2) Add Your Video to Your Canvas My Media
- Click the My Media button in the course left-hand navigation menu. This will open your My Media interface.
- Click the Add New button and select Media Upload from the drop-down that appears.
- Use the Upload Media interface to upload your video. When prompted, you must give your video a title. You can also add a description and tags to your video.
- Click the Save button near the bottom of the interface to save your video.
- After a few moments, your video will be available in your My Media.
3) Open Your Discussion
- You can access your discussion by your "To-Do list", a course content page, the module list, or, in the Course Navigation, you can click the Discussions link. Click the title of the discussion.
4) Reply to Discussion
- To reply to the discussion board, click the Reply button.
5) Find Your Video
- Locate the "Embed Kaltura Media" icon in the Rich Content Editor tool bar. Click this icon to open a view of your My Media interface.
Note: Can be located under the blue "V" icon.
6) Add Your Video
- Find your video in the interface. When you find it, click the Embed button next to the video.
Note: You can click the gear icon to the left of the Embed button if you want to choose from different player sizes or choose a player that allows viewers to download the video.
7) Post Reply
- Click the Post Reply button.
8) View Your Reply
- Your reply will be posted at the bottom of the discussion reply thread. The border of your post will flash blue to indicate it has been newly posted.