To update your personal settings in Canvas:
- Go to http://utah.instructure.com
- Click the Account link from the Canvas global left-hand navigation menu
- Click the Settings link in the menu
- Select the Edit Settings button on the right side of the page
- Change your personal settings to match your preferences
If enabled for your account, edit the appropriate settings. Full Name is used for Gradebook, Chat, and People. Display Name is how other users will see your name in Discussions, Announcements, and Conversations. Sortable Name defaults to your last name, first and appears in sorted lists so admins can search for it. Language can be set to your native language and is the language you want to use in Canvas. Time Zone can be set to where you are located and displays assignments in your local time. Password can be changed here for a non-Unid Canvas account user.
Note: Language does not apply if an instructor sets a specific language for a course.
Note: If you set a time zone in your user settings, you can always view the course time zone by hovering over any date and time in your course. The text will show both the local time and the course time.
- Click the Update Settings button to save your changes
Watch a Video Tutorial:
Download a PDF Version: