Kaltura MediaSpace is a media destination site for the University of Utah that stores and publishes videos to the campus community. It is a standalone repository and exists outside of the University learning management system for online courses, CANVAS (although the standalone version and video in Canvas share the same recording tools and "My Media" personal collection of videos).
Usually, any media you record, create, or upload to MediaSpace is stored in your personal collection of media items called MY MEDIA rather than being published to PLAYLISTS and CHANNELS that MediaSpace can host.
There are five areas in which media files can be stored and/or shared.
- My Media
- Share a Media Item
- Media Galleries/Categories
Below, MEDIA GALLERIES/CATEGORIES are explained.
5. ABOUT "MEDIA GALLERIES/CATEGORIES"
(not implemented in the UofU MediaSpace)
Media files in MediaSpace can be collected into what are called Galleries or Categories. This is a feature only available to MediaSpace administrators to configure and populate.
For the University of Utah's MediaSpace, we have decided to not implement Galleries or Categories and instead focus on your ability to add private My Media files to Channels and Playlists (which can be shared with other MediaSpace users within the University of Utah).
ADDITIONAL ARTICLES & TUTORIALS FOR MEDIASPACE
- MediaSpace Storage & Distribution Options
- 1. My Media - Personal Storage for Media Items
- 1a. My Media - Media Upload (Import Pre-existing Videos)
- 1b. My Media - YouTube Videos
- 2. Playlists - Create Lists and Add Media Items
- 3. Channels - Create a Channel | Publish Media Items | Privacy Settings | Subscriptions | Members
- 4. Share a Media Item - URL or Embed Code
- 5. Galleries/Categories - in UofU MediaSpace
- MediaSpace - Video Editor & Other Features
- MediaSpace - Video Recording Tools
- About the Kaltura Desktop Recorder for Screen Recording | Webcam Recording | Voice Recording
- First Time Installation of the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- Settings Overview for the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 1: Multi-source Recordings of Presentations & Lectures with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 2: Screen Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 3: WebCam Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 4: Screen & Webcam Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 5: Voice Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder