Not only can you (1) upload pre-existing videos you've created into your private collection of videos and media in MY MEDIA and (2) link to YouTube videos, but you can also directly record new videos using tools that are part of MediaSpace. These tools are called the Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder.
WHAT IS THE KALTURA CAPTURESPACE DESKTOP RECORDER?
A set of tools from the video platform company Kaltura is directly integrated into the University of Utah's MediaSpace repository.
The tool set, the Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder, offers five options:
- Presentations & Lectures
Record a presentation coming from multiple media sources.
- Screen Recording
Record an entire screen or part of a screen.
- Webcam Recording
Tell a story or personal profile through a short clip using a webcam.
- Screen & Webcam Recording
In a single shoot, record from both the screen and a webcam.
- Voice Recording
Record only your voice.
With these tools, you can create, upload, clip, manage, publish and deliver high quality video. These recordings can reside in your MY MEDIA repository in MediaSpace and be seamlessly accessed through MY MEDIA in the Canvas learning management system for tests, announcements, blogs, discussions, and feedback.
We have a whole section of articles devoted to using the Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder tools in MediaSpace...
ADDITIONAL ARTICLES & TUTORIALS FOR MEDIASPACE
- MediaSpace Storage & Distribution Options
- 1. My Media - Personal Storage for Media Items
- 1a. My Media - Media Upload (Import Pre-existing Videos)
- 1b. My Media - YouTube Videos
- 2. Playlists - Create Lists and Add Media Items
- 3. Channels - Create a Channel | Publish Media Items | Privacy Settings | Subscriptions | Members
- 4. Share a Media Item - URL or Embed Code
- 5. Galleries/Categories - in UofU MediaSpace
- MediaSpace - Video Editor & Other Features
- MediaSpace - Video Recording Tools
- About the Kaltura Desktop Recorder for Screen Recording | Webcam Recording | Voice Recording
- First Time Installation of the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- Settings Overview for the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 1: Multi-source Recordings of Presentations & Lectures with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 2: Screen Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 3: WebCam Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 4: Screen & Webcam Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 5: Voice Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder