Kaltura MediaSpace is a media destination site for the University of Utah that stores and publishes videos to the campus community. It is a standalone repository and exists outside of the University learning management system for online courses, CANVAS (although the standalone version and video in Canvas share the same recording tools and "My Media" personal collection of videos).
MediaSpace can be accessed through the University of Utah URL for the repository. Login with your UofU ID number (uNID) and its associated password:
Usually, any media you record, create, or upload to MediaSpace is stored in your personal collection of media items called MY MEDIA rather than being published to PLAYLISTS and CHANNELS that MediaSpace can host.
PRIVATE IS THE DEFAULT
By default, a video you upload or store in your MY MEDIA personal "bucket" of media items is automatically tagged as PRIVATE, meaning only the owner of that MY MEDIA collection can access and view the item. This tagging takes place at the very moment you upload or store a video into MediaSpace through a list of storage and distribution options you are asked to complete:
For other participants to view a private media item, it must be PUBLISHED or SHARED. Making a video file into a public file can be designated the first time you upload or record a video, or later on through an ACTIONS menu.
FIVE STORAGE AND DISTRIBUTION OPTIONS
There are five areas in which media files can be stored and/or shared within MediaSpace.
- My Media
- Share a Media Item
- Media Galleries/Categories
ADDITIONAL ARTICLES & TUTORIALS FOR MEDIASPACE
- MediaSpace Storage & Distribution Options
- 1. My Media - Personal Storage for Media Items
- 1a. My Media - Media Upload (Import Pre-existing Videos)
- 1b. My Media - YouTube Videos
- 2. Playlists - Create Lists and Add Media Items
- 3. Channels - Create a Channel | Publish Media Items | Privacy Settings | Subscriptions | Members
- 4. Share a Media Item - URL or Embed Code
- 5. Galleries/Categories - in UofU MediaSpace
- MediaSpace - Video Editor & Other Features
- MediaSpace - Video Recording Tools
- About the Kaltura Desktop Recorder for Screen Recording | Webcam Recording | Voice Recording
- First Time Installation of the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- Settings Overview for the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 1: Multi-source Recordings of Presentations & Lectures with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 2: Screen Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 3: WebCam Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 4: Screen & Webcam Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 5: Voice Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder