Kaltura MediaSpace is a media destination site for the University of Utah that stores and publishes videos to the campus community. It is a standalone repository and exists outside of the University learning management system for online courses, CANVAS (although the standalone version and video in Canvas share the same recording tools and "My Media" personal collection of videos).
With MediaSpace you can...
- Browse and view...
- user-generated custom playlists (sequences of videos)
- user-generated custom channels that you personally manage, or
- access your "My Media" collection of videos that you have either populated with files from within Canvas or by using MediaSpace outside of Canvas
- Upload and publish content
- Record content using the Kaltura Desktop Recorder tool
- Screen recording
- Webcam recording
- Voice recording
You access the University of Utah MediaSpace (https://mediaspace.utah.edu) by logging in with your University of Utah uNID and its associated password.
After reaching the homepage for MediaSpace, use the "LOGIN" menu options located in the upper right of the web browser window.
If you select the plain "Login" option, you will simply remain on the homepage, but under your University uNID account. When using the "Login" option you can browse videos and media files that are designated as publicly available to anyone who has logged into MediaSpace. When using the plain "Login" option you can always get to your MY MEDIA collection from the same menu.
MY MEDIA OPTION:
If you select the "My Media" option, you are taken to the collection of video files you have already placed into your personal MY MEDIA repository (either using MediaSpace or the same MY MEDIA features integrated into the learning management system for the University, CANVAS).
WHAT IS "MY MEDIA"?
MY MEDIA has been referred to as a "Personal Bucket of Media Items." This "bucket" is associated with the collection owner's University of Utah ID (uNID). Items stored in MY MEDIA are accessible only to the owner.
If the owner of a My Media collection wishes to make a video available other users to view, then that video item can be re-published for public viewing into a CHANNEL or added to a customized PLAYLIST.
ADDITIONAL ARTICLES & TUTORIALS FOR MEDIASPACE
- MediaSpace Storage & Distribution Options
- 1. My Media - Personal Storage for Media Items
- 1a. My Media - Media Upload (Import Pre-existing Videos)
- 1b. My Media - YouTube Videos
- 2. Playlists - Create Lists and Add Media Items
- 3. Channels - Create a Channel | Publish Media Items | Privacy Settings | Subscriptions | Members
- 4. Share a Media Item - URL or Embed Code
- 5. Galleries/Categories - in UofU MediaSpace
- MediaSpace - Video Editor & Other Features
- MediaSpace - Video Recording Tools
- About the Kaltura Desktop Recorder for Screen Recording | Webcam Recording | Voice Recording
- First Time Installation of the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- Settings Overview for the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 1: Multi-source Recordings of Presentations & Lectures with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 2: Screen Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 3: WebCam Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 4: Screen & Webcam Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder
- OPTION 5: Voice Recording with the Kaltura Desktop Recorder