Some instructors create chapters in a streaming video to allow students to randomly access and review specific topics within the video. Here are the instructions a student follows to access those chapters already prepared by the instructor.
LOG INTO COURSE
- Log in to your Canvas course.
- Click MEDIA GALLERY on the left-hand navigation of the Canvas course.
- From the listing of video files in the MEDIA GALLERY, click on a video thumbnail or its file name to select it.
REVEAL CHAPTER LIST
- Click on the three horizontal lines on the upper left side of the video image to open a list of chapters.
SELECT & VIEW VIDEO CHAPTER
- Select a chapter from the list and the video will randomly access that segment of video for viewing.
HIDE CHAPTER LIST
- To close the chapter list, click on the same three horizontal lines that revealed the chapter list.