Make sure to schedule exams as soon as possible to avoid complications that could impact your students and Uonline Center operations.
Scheduling Exams in Schedule Exams in Canvas Involves the Following:
- Schedule date range allowed for students to take their exams
- Set exam time limit
- Enter passcode no longer than 8 characters involving two unrelated words
- If applicable, select materials students are allowed to use during the exam
- Attach exam as .doc, docx or .pdf
- Instruct out of area proctors to email completed exams to you, and make sure to provide your preferred e-mail address
Students Using Proctors Outside Schedule Exams:
- Students need your permission to select a proctor outside Schedule Exams. If you give a student permission to have a proctor outside Schedule Exams, you will need to approve the proctor and send exams to the proctor, and receive completed exams from the proctor
Exam Scheduling Instructions:
1. Login to your Canvas course.
2. Select the Schedule Exams link on the left side.
4. Select the New Exam button near the top of the page.
5. Select the Create New Exam option.
6. Complete all required fields marked with asterisks.
- Since you are scheduling a paper-based exam, ignore the following fields: Password, Exam URL, Mobile Exam URL and Consecutive Attempts Allowed.
7. Under Permitted Items, select Yes for items you allow your students to use during the exam.
8. If you need to enter exam notes for students, scroll down to the Exam Notes heading and enter exam notes in the Notes for Students field.
9. In the Notes for Proctors field, instruct out of area proctors to e-mail the completed exam to you, and make sure to provide them with your preferred e-mail address.
10. Click the text in the Attachments box and upload a file of the exam.
11. In the Proctor Settings window, review all proctor options and ensure all acceptable options are selected.
12. For paper-based exams, ProctorU is not recommended due to the obstacles that restrict a virtual proctor to effectively and properly monitor a paper exam via webcam. Out of Area students will need to secure a live proctor service in their area.