To activate Canvas courses in CIS:
- Go to the university's Campus Information Services (CIS)
- NOTE: You can access CIS by going to utah.edu and clicking the icon in the bottom right
- Find Faculty/Instructor Services View, NOT EMPLOYEE under Filter By Category.
- Find My Classes - Instructor
- Click Expanded View
- Select Canvas Class Activation in top-right corner
- Select the Term and Course from the drop-down menu
- Select Canvas
- NOTE: Before you can activate your course, the university requires you to become certified in FERPA. You will not see the UOnline Class Activation link if you are not certified. To learn more about FERPA certification click here.
- Click Activate
NOTE: You must also publish your Canvas course in order for students to see your class content.
Watch a Video Tutorial:
Download a PDF Version: