Respondus is a Windows-based application that allows instructors to batch upload quiz questions into Canvas, the University of Utah's learning management system for online classes. UEN, the Utah Education Network, provides a license to all higher education faculty in Utah to use Respondus.
Importing Exam Documents to Respondus for use with Canvas courses requires adding Respondus formatting to each question. Instructors can import the following document types to Respondus: .rtf, .txt, .doc.
Retrieving Respondus Format
- Launch Respondus.
- Select the yellow question mark.
- Select Start Menu and Importing Questions To Respondus.
- Select The Standard Format For Formatting.
- Follow The Standard Format for Importing.
Importing Document of Exam to Respondus
- Click Import.
- Select the exam from the drop-down.
- Click Browse and select the file type.
- Enter an exam name.
- Click Preview.
- Click Finish.
- Select the Edit tab if you would like to change point values of questions (you can also change point values in Canvas.)
The exam is ready for publishing from Respondus to a Canvas course.