Make sure to schedule exams as soon as possible to avoid complications that could impact your students and Exam Services operations.
We require a two day minimum date range for each exam.
Part 1: Uonline Center Policies and Procedures
Please familiarize with the following Uonline Center Policies & Procedures.
Part 2: Adding Settings to your Canvas quiz
Create your online exam in Canvas quizzes. If you do not yet have any questions, create the exam with settings found in the Details tab.
Make sure to include the following:
1. Title the exam beginning with the course catalogue number and section number followed by the exam; for example, MATH 1010-090 Exam 1.
2. Make sure to enter time limit of exam
3. Make sure you open up at least two available dates for your students to select.
4. Make you include to enter an Until Date that matches the Due Date
5. Enter a passcode no longer than 6 characters and without alternating upper and lower case letters. This helps our proctors enter passcodes quickly when our exam room is full of students.
Part 3: Using the Schedule Exams tool
1. Click Schedule Exams in the left hand navigation of your course.
2. Click the New Exam button and select Online Exam.
3. Click on the Select Dropdown under Import Exam, select the exam and click Import.
4. Click Continue at the bottom of the page.
5. Select materials, if any, you allow for this exam, and enter additional details per allowed allowed material if necessary.
6. Our center provides blank paper (scratch paper) and earplugs, so please select blank paper so out of area proctors can provide blank paper and allow students to use earplugs
7. Click Continue at the bottom of the page.
8. Select any additional types of proctors
- We have selected Institutional Testing Centers and Testing Administrator (College, University or Private Testing Service) as default testing centers
- The Live Online Proctoring option allows students to take an exam with ProctorU, which requires the student to take the exam in a quiet room in which she or he is the only person present. It also requires that the student has high speed internet, a webcam and microphone.
9. Click Continue.
10. Read the Confirmation page and click Continue if everything is correct. If not, click the Back button to make any corrections you may need.
11. Click Confirm.
A Uonline Administrator review the scheduled exam to make sure it meets our guidelines.