Canvas can be used to print quizzes and exams.
Note: printed exams often split answer options between pages and leave little room for essay answers.
- Click Quizzes on the left page of your Canvas course.
- Click on the exam or quiz name.
- Click the Preview button.
- Use your browser's Print function to print.
Using Respondus to Create Paper-Based Canvas Quizzes or Exams
Installing Respondus requires a Windows Operating System. Consult your network manager or computer support team for more information.
Save Exam as Zipped QTI File in Canvas
- Instructions for Exporting Canvas Quiz Content are available from Instructure.
Import Zipped QTI File In Respondus
- Launch Respondus.
- Click Open.
- Click Browse on the left side.
- Select IMS QTI questions (xml, qti) from the Files of type.
- Select the Download folder from Look in drop-down.
- Click the quiz export folder.
- Click the folder name and click Open.
- Click the file name and click Open.
- Enter an exam name and click OK.
- Ignore all alert messages; you will still be able to save your exam in a document (.doc, .rtf, .txt).
- Select the name you entered in step 9.
- Click Open.
Save Exam Or Quiz as a Document (.doc, .rtf, .txt)
- Click the Preview & Publish tab at the top.
- Click Publish to Canvas on the left.
- Click Settings to the right of Exam.
- Select your preferences in Question Contents.
- Click the Formatting tab and select your preferences.
- Click OK.
- Select Save as File drop-down.
- Enter file name.
- Click Save.
- Open document of exam and print it.